Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Monday, January 19, 2015

islam can't take a joke

I've been horribly slack about keeping up this blog. I'm convinced no one actually reads it, so I have to force myself to post anything. However, since I am a poster child for islamaphobia (as in an aversion to, not a fear of), the recent massacre in "Gay Paris" at Charlie Hebdo has moved me enough to write.

An exceeding bright, witty, and charming individual who is also an incredibly talented author (Francis Porretto is easily recognizable by that description :-) whose fiction I have read and re-read several times over, and still enjoy going back for more) wrote a post on his own very well-followed blog named "Liberty's Torch". It wasn't a long post, but it was significant enough that I will re-post it here:

Day Off...Mostly

Inasmuch as I’ll be having some extensive oral surgery in a few hours, I was planning simply to 
announce a day off fromLiberty’s Torch. What actually happened was a powerful lesson about 
President Barack Obama has a moral responsibility to push back on the nation’s journalism
          community when it is planning to publish anti-jihadi articles that might cause a jihadi attack 
          against the nation’s defense forces, the White House’s press secretary said Jan. 12.
“The president … will not now be shy about expressing a view or taking the steps that are                     necessary to try to advocate for the safety and security of our men and women in uniform”                  whenever journalists’ work may provoke jihadist attacks, spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters               at the White House’s daily briefing.
Clearly, despite all my efforts I don’t catch every important development just as it develops. 
Obama’s willingness to pressure media outlets, to quit defending First Amendment rights and also                 to mollify jihadis, reflects Obama’s overall policy of minimizing conflict with militant Islam.Throughout his presidency, Obama has tried to shift the public’s focus away from the jihadi threat           toward his domestic priorities.
He also repeatedly praised Islam and Muslims, and criticized criticism of Islam. “The future must                 not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam,” he told a worldwide TV audience during a      September 2012 speech at the United Nations.
It’s always been clear that Obama favors Islam over American interests and the Western code of justice.                  What’s now all too apparent is that he’s resolved to destroy the right to free expression for that reason.
Why not? Freedom of expression is a thorn in Obama’s flesh. This isn’t just consistent with his pro-Islam                  personal views; it’s also a perfect entering wedge for politically motivated censorship and manipulation of                        the media. It will provide him with a rationale for taking control of the Internet, for putting government                        “advisors” – armed, no doubt – into the editorial departments of major media organs, and for demanding                       “equal time” from any such organ that dares to act other than in accordance with his wishes.
There can be only one answer to this, short of forcibly evicting this pretender from the White House and                decorating a prominent District of Columbia lamppost with his remains. Every American with any public                      voice, no matter how small, must immediately raise it in the strongest possible act of defiance


 Here’s Your Prophet Muhammad, Obama,
You Camel-Fellating Fairy:




Let hell come to breakfast. It’s time and past time. Now if you’ll excuse me, I should let my blood pressure                    drop a bit before I go under the knife.

Now, back to my own contribution to Fran's topic. Obama's ridiculously obvious lie that he is concerned
about our troops (which he and that ugly, steatopygous pretend-wife of his both actually hate with a passion)
 is simply a blatant attempt to deny freedom of speech where islam and muslims are concerned. Just as he
claimed an obscure youtube video was responsible for the deaths at Benghazi.

People such as Fran and others (and myself) who speak out in lurid terms about this vile creature may well
be at risk of damage by .gov for what we post.  Part of me thinks the folks at NSA who bother to read what
even well-read blogs such as Fran's post will simply laugh their asses off and otherwise ignore it. Realizing
how many progressives have become employed by .gov, however, it is very possible that there are folks
working at NSA (or whoever else is perusing our email and blogs) who will "feel" outraged by our
comments, and may pass it on to IRS or other "organs of the State" which will then do us harm.

I'm an old, infirm individual who has nothing to lose but whatever few additional years I have been allotted.
I wouldn't mind finishing my time upon this mortal coil in peace and quiet. Nonetheless, I would, if attacked,
choose to "not go gentle into that good night." If - as is likely - I could not access my tormentors, I imagine
there are other .gov drones closer by who could be accessed. I do possess several hundred hours of flight
time in rotorcraft and fixed wing, I'm pretty well dialed-in at 600 yards with the 7.62x51, and have been an
admirer of Kurt Saxon for many years now.

So, as another man I greatly admired has said, "Let hell come to breakfast." I have tilted at various windmills
all of my life, often to my detriment (big surprise ;-) I don't mean to stop now, just because I'm old and weak.
My pathetic little un-read blog here is more for my own entertainment, and a way to blow off some of the
anger, rage even, that our "elite" leaders and our arrogant bureaucrats engender in my heart and soul.
However, if the scum in the White House, Congress, or the various other agencies in our government wish
to punish little, insignificant me, I hope they understand it may not be done without consequence, not matter
how small or insignificant that may seem to those who initiate the dispute.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. I was completely ignorant about comment rules. Anyone can post, but I'd prefer a name, even if it is made up. Anonymous posts just seem cheap, if you know what I mean. Also, if you want to argue a point, that's fine. Cheap shots and name calling towards me or another person commenting (ad hominem) is rude and will get you banned. Other than that, I'd love to get some comments.