Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Monday, August 15, 2011

I am sickened by this.


I have been reading Gates of Vienna, and have it listed as a blog I follow, but I am not certain I can continue to do so. Although I value much of what I have read concerning the fight in Europe against the dangers of, and damage caused by, multiculturalism and islam in particular, I have just read a post by the distaff side of the couple who runs the blog that has me wondering at her sanity. (Having worked Psych for over eight years as an RN, I have a slight familiarity with the DSM IV.)

Dymphna, the female half of the couple just posted an article called, "Sluts, Stupidity, and Cassandras". In it she opines that women who dress like "sluts" are complicit in their own rapes. That's right, she thinks that "If the act of strutting your stuff results in an equal reaction, a girl must take at least half the responsibility for whatever transpires as a result. " Can you believe such an attitude from the keyboard of a woman? Based on the photo she uses as an icon for her profile on this blog, I would guess she has some sort of religious affiliation, possibly Catholic, yet her statement is one of the least Christ-like things I have heard in a long time. I was raised as a Roman Catholic, although I am no longer a religious person, but it sickens me to think there are women who could actually spew this kind of unforgiving, unChristian nonsense.

If men canot control their own behavior enough to not rape a woman they find sexy or slutty or simply female, that is all on them. Short of a woman getting naked with a man and allowing him to penetrate just before saying "No", I can't think of an excuse for rape. Frankly, at that point, I don't think it could even be considered rape. Our sex crimes instructor at the San Diego Police Academy back in the late seventies was fond of repeating, "Penetration, no matter how slight, completes the crime," but if a woman permits the penetration, all bets are off. I can't imagine that happens very often, though. It's not bloody likely a woman would let it get that far.

I dated for quite some time in the sixties and seventies, during the "sexual revolution", and certainly am not a prude. There have been a number of occasions when my dates had permitted significant intimacy, even getting naked on several occasions for some serious foreplay, but then said "No". None of them suffered rape, at my hands (I can't speak for anyone else they dated). That doesn't make me a saint, simply a responsible adult male who doesn't indulge in rape. Nor would I ever force my wife. (Ask my first wife: she permitted sex about three times a year during our eight years of marriage. Thank goodness my second wife has a great libido. Is this too much information? :-)

To hear this woman voice her belief that merely dressing in a provocative manner excuses rape makes me want to cease reading anything else she has to say. Perhaps she is simply a fat, friendless, foolish female who resents attractive women and enjoys knowing some of them suffer being raped, but no matter what her condition I have lost any respect I might have previously held for her thoughts and opinions. Your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. I was completely ignorant about comment rules. Anyone can post, but I'd prefer a name, even if it is made up. Anonymous posts just seem cheap, if you know what I mean. Also, if you want to argue a point, that's fine. Cheap shots and name calling towards me or another person commenting (ad hominem) is rude and will get you banned. Other than that, I'd love to get some comments.